Homemade, Whole Grain Breakfast on the go!
Fall is around the corner and families getting busy after the warm long, days of summer. With this season change ahead, it's time to think about how to keep the family eating healthy while they are rushing out the door in the morning.
Yes, it is still possible to incorporate whole grains into a good, fast homemade breakfast.
Here are a few ideas:
- Homemade, Whole Grain Granola* with vanilla yogurt
- High Protein Granola Bars*
- Whole Wheat Bagels* with cream cheese or peanut butter
- Whole Oat Oatmeal (it really does not take long to cook) add raisins or apple chunks and cinnamon
- Homemade Whole Wheat Toast with Peanut Butter
- Whole Wheat Pancakes or Waffles (made on the weekends and frozen in individual servings)
*These have been in our monthly newsletter
With just a little preparation over the weekend, you can hand your family something quick in the morning's rush that still provides them with wholesome, whole grains for that full and satisfied feeling. Of course we've all been hearing how breakfast helps one focus throughout the day and how it helps rev up our metabolisms, so these nutritious treats are not only fast and healthy; they affect our whole day on the way out the door.