Enjoy Living an Organic Lifestyle

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'mainline'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/mainline/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-notify-wizard/metabox.php on line 359

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/mainline/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-notify-wizard/metabox.php on line 359

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/mainline/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-notify-wizard/metabox.php on line 360

Our food supply is in perile. Nutrients have been depleted from our soils due to over-fertilization and other factors. At Millers grainhouse, we provide organically grown wheat, oats, and rice. The article below shares great information on the importance of eating organically grown food.

As you begin shopping around for organic, you will discover that the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) breaks this down into three categories. Organic products consisting of less than 70% organic ingredients may or may not list the organically produced ingredients on the package label. However, any organic claims cannot be made on the front side of the package.

1. 100% Organic - All the ingredients are just that - 100% organic

2. Organic - Ingredients are a minimum of 95% organic

3. Made with Organic Ingredients - Ingredients are a minimum of 70% organic and the remaining 30% have tight restrictions, which includes GMOs

In addition, the USDA provides an organic seal, which is a guarantee to consumers that the integrity and quality of the product meets high standards. Any operation that is organic-certified is required to maintain a system plan along with records whereby compliance can be verified. To ensure the standards are met, these operators are required to undergo random inspections. Organic practices are very specific, which include:

* Crop Rotation - Alternating each field with different types of crops to help stop soil depletion and to prevent breeding grounds for insects

* Replanting - Planting some crops such as clover to help add nutrients to the soil, as well as increase organic matter and prevent weeks

* Insects - Using good insects such as ladybugs and lacewings to fight against bad insects

* Compost - Adding compost (manure, plant waste, food scraps) helps the soil retain nutrients and moisture

* Disease - Feeding livestock organic foods while providing them with a stress-free environment to prevent disease and maintain healthy animals

With organic crops and livestock, no pesticides or chemical fertilizers are used, which contaminate both soil and water supply. You will discover much more in my book The Ultimate Organic Lifestyle, learning all about organic living and what you can do to begin living an organic life. You will enjoy cooking with organic foods and find that you feel better and when you buy organic you are actually working toward improving our ecosystem. Remember, organic is not just a process but a complete change of life - for the BETTER!

Claus Stokholm is the author of the book The Ultimate Organic Lifestyle www.adamsorganics.com